• Big Pat, the Charlotte Bobcats normal public-address announcer, was ill Monday. The fill-in had a funny moment during the introductions when Emeka Okafor first-ever Bobcats draft pick was pronounced E-meek-a.
• One more PA story: The shot clock expired with five seconds left in the first quarter (a too-common occurrence at Bobcats games). The announcer mistook that for end of the quarter.
• Speaking of Okafor, just one current Bobcat, Gana Diop, criss-crossed Okafors time in Charlotte. The Bobcats traded for Diop during the 2008-09 season, months before sending Okafor to New Orleans for Tyson Chandler.
• Obviously Jannero Pargos jump shooting is a plus. But the thing coach Mike Dunlap says he likes best is Pargos wisdom. As in after nine years in the NBA, he picks up any teams jargon and patterns pretty fast.
• Dunlap is starting to play point guards Kemba Walker and Pargo together, as he often did with a healthy Ramon Sessions.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less