Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and develop a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
• Tuesday, March 26: 6 p.m., Room 267, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. Agenda includes reports on a 10-year construction plan and a revised plan for upgrading school safety.
Public may attend but not comment. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe
• Monday, March 25: Gifted students, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Barringer Elementary, 1546 Walton Road.
• Monday, March 25: Professional growth system, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Villa Heights, 800 Everett Place.
• Tuesday, March 26: Higher education partnerships, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N. Tryon St.
• Thursday, March 28: Public trust, marketing and branding, 9-10:30 a.m., United Way of Central Carolinas, 301 S. Brevard St.
• Thursday, March 28: Extended learning, 3:30-5 p.m., Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N. Tryon St.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less