The Jacksonville Jaguars and receiver Mohamed Massaquoi agreed to terms on a two-year contract.
Massaquoi, 26, who played for Independence High and also at the University of Georgia, spent the past four seasons in Cleveland, catching 118 passes for 1,745 yards and seven touchdowns. He has averaged 14.8 yards a catch in his career.
He had 17 receptions for 254 yards in nine games last season while dealing with hamstring and knee injuries. He also endured multiple concussions during his four years with the Browns.
The Jaguars are looking for depth behind starters Cecil Shorts III and Justin Blackmon. They signed slot receiver Jordan Shipley last month, and also have Mike Brown, Toney Clemons, Jerrell Jackson and Taylor Price on the roster heading into next weeks orientation camp.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.