Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and develop a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
Town hall meetings
• Tuesday: 6-7:30 p.m., West Charlotte High, 2216 Senior Drive.
• April 22: 6-7:30 p.m., Rocky River High, 10505 Clear Creek Commerce Drive, Mint Hill.
Presentation and Q&A session with top CMS officials on 2013-14 budget proposal. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/budget/Pages/2013-14BudgetInformation.aspx
• Monday: 3-4:30 p.m., Rocky River High.
Opportunity to talk to Superintendent Heath Morrison about any topic. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/superintendent/Pages/default.aspx
• Monday: Limited English proficiency students, 2-3:30 p.m., Latin American Coalition, 4938 Central Ave.
• Tuesday: Early childhood, 12-1:30 p.m., Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road, Room B4.
• Wednesday: African-American males, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Room 523, Walton Plaza, 700 E. Stonewall St.
• Thursday: Community and faith partnerships, 10 a.m., Dowd YMCA, 400 E. Morehead St., seventh floor.
• Thursday: Closing the achievement gap, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Vance High, 7600 IBM Drive.
• Thursday: Cultural competence framework, 3:30-5 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St.
• Thursday: Time, capital and resource management, 4-6 p.m., The Lending Tree, 11115 Rushmore Drive.
• April 22: Gifted students, 9:30-11:30 a.m., East Mecklenburg High, 6800 Monroe Road.
• April 22: Professional growth system, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Villa Heights, 800 Everett Place.
• April 22: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Room 527, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less