Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and develop a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
• Tuesday: 6 p.m., meeting chamber, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. Meeting includes a public hearing on the superintendent’s budget proposal and a board vote on construction/renovation plans.
Sign up for the hearing on site or by calling 980-343-5139 by noon Tuesday. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe/Pages/SchoolBoardMeetings.aspx
Town hall meeting
• Monday: 6-7:30 p.m. at Rocky River High, 10505 Clear Creek Commerce Drive, Mint Hill.
Presentation and Q&A session with top CMS officials on 2013-14 budget proposal. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/budget/Pages/2013-14BudgetInformation.aspx
• Monday: Gifted students, 9:30-11:30 a.m., East Mecklenburg High, 6800 Monroe Road.
• Monday: Professional growth system, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Villa Heights, 800 Everett Place.
• Monday: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Room 527, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St.
• Wednesday: CMS Foundation, 8:30-10 a.m., Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N. Tryon St.
• Thursday: Bond oversight committee, 11:30 a.m., conference room, 3301 Stafford Drive.
• Thursday: Extended learning, 3-5 p.m., Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N. Tryon St.
• Thursday: Special education, 3-5 p.m., Room 427, Walton Plaza, 700 E. Stonewall St.
• Friday: Process and system improvement, 7:30-9 a.m., Room 546, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less