You have an opportunity today to get rid of those hard-to-dispose items that have been in your garage or shed for too long.
Piedmont Natural Gas is teaming with the City of Charlotte, Goodwill Industries and ProShred for the second annual Earth Day-related Recycling Extravaganza.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the traffic circle outside the Piedmont Gas offices in the SouthPark area, at 4720 Piedmont Row Drive in Piedmont Town Center. You’ll be able to dispose of items such as old documents, used computers and other electronics, or batteries and light bulbs.
Piedmont Natural Gas says Charlotte-area residents dropped off nearly 2,000 pounds of computers, other electronics, batteries and other items last year. In addition, people dropped off about 3.5 tons of paper products.
Piedmont Natural Gas is sponsoring a full week of Earth Day activities in the community and with its employees.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.