Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are looking for a larceny suspect who cut off his electronic monitor on Wednesday.
Police said 17-year-old Cristian Isaac Hernandez removed the monitor after he left his house during a court-ordered curfew. He was last seen on Plaza Road Extension near Rocky River Road, police said in a news release.
Hernandez was arrested last November and charged with larceny of auto and possession of a stolen vehicle. Records show he also was charged that month with interfering with an electronic monitor device.
Hernandez was released from jail in mid-January, and ordered to stay on an electronic monitor. Police said he is the 10th person to remove one of the electronic devices so far this year, and faces a new charge of interfering with an electronic monitor.
Anyone with information on Hernandezs whereabouts is asked to call CMPDs Violent Criminal Apprehension Team at 704-336-VCAT (8228) or dial 911.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less