Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and develop a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
• Thursday, May 9: Policy committee, 10:30 a.m., Room 528, Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St.
Public may attend but not participate.
• Wednesday, May 8: 7:30-9 a.m., Hough High, 12420 Bailey Road, Cornelius.
A chance to talk with the superintendent about any issue. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/superintendent/Pages/CoffeewiththeSuperintendent.aspx
• Tuesday, May 7: Choice, alternatives and magnets, 3:30-5 p.m., Multipurpose Room, Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road.
• Tuesday, May 7: Closing the achievement gap, 4-5:30 p.m., Room 520, Children and Family Services Center, 601 E. Fifth St.
• Thursday, May 9: College and career readiness, 8:30-10 a.m., Room B2, Oakhurst Administrative Building, 4511 Monroe Road.
• Thursday, May 9: Early childhood, 12-1:30 p.m., Room B4, Smith Family Center.
• Thursday, May 9: Special education, 3-4:30 p.m., Room 427, Walton Plaza, 700 E. Stonewall St.
• Friday, May 10: Privatization, 8 a.m., Room 528, Government Center.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less