Isolated thunderstorms could produce brief bursts of heavy rain and strong winds across the Charlotte region again this afternoon and evening -- a familiar summer pattern thats expected to continue throughout the week.
Storms on Monday night produced warnings in some parts of the Piedmont for residents to stay away from windows and postpone travel. A flash flood warning remained in effect until 1 this morning for Cleveland County.
Todays high will reach a stuffy 88 degrees. Expect humidity as you walk out the door this morning for your commute. Patchy fog could envelop some areas between 7 and 8 a.m.
The chance of precipitation is 50 percent this afternoon and evening.
If its any consolation, the storms and clouds will keep temperatures in the mid- to high 80s this week, although the typical summer mugginess will linger.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.