The South Carolina Department of Transportation is closing two of the four northbound lanes on a 2-mile portion of Interstate 77 northbound beginning 5 p.m. Monday, June 24, for bridge deck repair work.
Original plans were to begin work June 25 but the contractor is in place and seeks to expedite completion as quickly as possible.
The two right lanes of I-77 northbound will be closed from about mile marker 80 (north of Dave Lyle Boulevard interchange) to mile marker 82 (north of the Celanese Road interchange). The SCDOT contractor is expected to complete the work by July 8, weather permitting.
The two left lanes along this portion of I-77 northbound will remain open to traffic during this repair project. However, motorists should expect congestion and delays due to the lane closures. Motorists should also consider using alternate routes.
For more information, call 803-324-3545.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.