LAKE WYLIE A Lake Wylie resident has been charged in connection to several local thefts.
Michael Devin Jenkins, 21, of River Hills was charged June 21 in connection with thefts in the Lake Wylie area, said Trent Faris of the York County Sheriff’s Office. Cases date back to July 2012, he said.
Jenkins has been charged with multiple burglary and larceny charges.
Faris said Jenkins lived in River Hills at one time and possibly had access to homes in the area. He also may have had access to homes in Gaston County.
Jenkins is charged with stealing jewelry and tools from homes, which Faris said, he then pawned.
“We are looking for people who may have had dealings with Jenkins in the past year,” Faris said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 803-628-3059 and ask for Detective Tracy Strickland.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.