Beginning Monday, calls for Mint Hill police will be routed through Pineville Police Department.
Mint Hill Capt. Scott Hall said the switch is a cost-saving measure that will help provide faster service.
Calls from Mint Hill for emergency police service are currently dispatched through Charlotte and Matthews. Now, Pineville will alert Mint Hill directly of emergency police calls. Hall said 911 calls for fire and/or Medic will be forwarded by Pineville to the correct center for emergency dispatch.
Mint Hill has used Pinevilles dispatching capabilities in the past and Hall said they continue to offer a lower per-call rate.
Anyone with questions about the new service can contact Mint Hill Police Department: 704-545-1085.
New emergency numbers effective July 1:
For emergencies: 911.
Alarm calls: 704-889-0101.
Alarm questions: 704-545-1085.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.