Several CSX Railroad crossings in the Charlotte area will be closed during the week for repairs.
CSX officials remind motorists that the dates are dependent on weather and other conditions. With the frequent heavy rain episodes this week, the closure schedule could be altered.
But here is the latest information:
Seymour Street (south of North Charlotte Highway), Monroe: closing Monday; reopening Thursday.
McAlway Road (south of Monroe Road), Charlotte: closing Wednesday; reopening Friday.
North Sharon Amity Road (south of Monroe Road), Charlotte: closing Wednesday; reopening Friday.
Toddville Road (north of Exchange Street), Charlotte: closing Wednesday; reopening Friday.
Old Mount Holly Road (near Freedom Drive), Charlotte: closing Wednesday; reopening Friday.
Bascom Street (north of Wyandoke Avenue), Charlotte: closing Thursday; reopening Sunday.
Brickyard Road (near Old Charlotte Highway), Monroe: closing Thursday; reopening Sunday.
Pecan Avenue (at Bay Street), Charlotte: closing Thursday; reopening Sunday.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.