Hee Young Park birdied the third playoff hole on Sunday to top Angela Stanford and win the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic.
Park carded a 6-under 65 during her final round at Grey Silo Golf Course to finish the tournament at 26-under-par 258 and capture her second career LPGA title.
Stanford fired a 7-under 64 on Sunday to meet Park at the tournament's record- setting mark.
Catriona Matthew (66) sat in third place at 23-under, while Meena Lee occupied fourth at minus-20. Karine Icher owned sole possession of fifth at 19-under.
Haeji Kang and Na Yeon Choi shot matching 9-under 62s to join Stacy Lewis (64), Suzann Pettersen (66), Gerina Piller (67), Amy Yang (67) and Austin Ernst (67) at 18-under 266.
Inbee Park, who had won the last three tournaments entering this week, carded her second straight 68 to finish in a tie with Jessica Korda (65) for 14th place at 14-under.
MORE TO FOLLOW.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.