Found in any grocery or drug store for pennies an ounce, hydrogen peroxide can be a useful tool to have around the house:
First aid: Clean cuts and abrasions by dabbing them with a cotton ball saturated in hydrogen peroxide.
Dental: Dip your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide to remove excess bacteria when brushing. (Caution, drinking hydrogen peroxide is not recommended and should be avoided.) Soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide on a weekly basis to kill bacteria and other germs in the bristles.
Disinfectant: Pour hydrogen peroxide on your cutting board and rub in with a sponge. Let it sit for a few minutes. Pour peroxide into a spray bottle and use on surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen. Let it sit and then wipe to remove lingering germs.
Garden: Because peroxide works by releasing oxygen it can be used as an oxygen supplement for plants, supporting good health and strong growth. It can also act as an antifungal. Spray it on tree cuts to prevent infection and in the green house to avoid mold and mildew.
Etc.: If unopened, a bottle of store-bought hydrogen peroxide solution can last at least a year. Once the seal has been broken, hydrogen peroxide will start losing its effectiveness after 30 to 45 days.
Don’t dip a cotton ball, your finger or cloth in the bottle of solution. This will contaminate the whole bottle and compromise its effectiveness. A better idea is to pour the needed amount into a small bowl and use the solution from there.