What you never hear uttered in Charlotte:
• Wish theyd knock down those trees so I could get a better view of that billboard.
• Only two years to get the county revaluation underway? That was fast.
• Instead of one guy running the airport, we should have a 13-member commission. It just seems so much more efficient.
• This NSA spying thing is an outrage. Why, I dont even speak in public on my cellphone.
• I feel much safer now that people can bring guns into the bar.
• I think Ill support the arts.
• Chopping away at our state university system is actually a wise investment.
• Exit 36 in Mooresville represents the kind of urban planning Id like to see throughout the region.
• Hey, Ive found an easy way to get to Myrtle Beach.
• Now that Mecklenburg finally has political clout, things have gotten so much better in Raleigh.
• I cant imagine that eliminating Christian prayer before government meetings will cause any fuss around here.
• If I were a visitor to Charlotte who caught the local newscasts, Id probably conclude that this is a safe, mayhem-free town.
• Losing the X Games to Austin is a huge blow to our civic esteem.
• Its past time for another jaywalker dragnet.
• Well always remember the Bobcats as the golden era of the NBA in Charlotte.
• Ill be so sad when the kids go back to school.
• Whatever they come up with for Eastland Mall will probably be fine. What could possibly go wrong?
• This will be a fantastic season for 49ers football.
• I hope well get toll lanes like those lucky people up at Lake Norman.
• We need rain.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less