A candlelight vigil is planned for 8 p.m. today for missing teen Erica Parsons.
The vigil is at 218 Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.
Erica Parsons disappearance gained national attention this week when her adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, appeared on the Dr. Phil show.
Sandy Parsons was strongly deceptive to questions on Dr. Phil about whether he deliberately caused Ericas disappearance, a polygraph expert said on the show.
Before Erica was last reported seen in 2011, family members had suspected the girl was being abused, according to search warrants released last week.
On Wednesday, investigators returned a search warrant in connection with a shed on property in China Grove. William Parsons, Sandy Parsons father, said the shed belonged to Casey and Sandy Parsons and that only they had access. Investigators retrieved vacuum pieces including a filter, a hammer, school records and teeth.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.