She said yes! Casey & Matthew
Posted: Monday, Aug. 26, 2013
Casey Nelson & Matthew LombardiRichard Israel Photography
I wish I could say that the proposal was romantic, but given that Im a control freak and hate surprises, it was simpler than anything, which was perfect for us! That Sunday morning, Matt had just gotten out of the shower, still in his underwear, and I was sitting on the bed with the dogs, still in my pajamas. I actually told Matt how I thought he was going to propose two nights before when we were on a romantic date.
He tried to throw me off by telling me he didnt have a ring yet. He saw that this upset me, so he told me to come over. He gave me a big hug and told me how much he loved me. Right then, he went over to his sock drawer and pulled out the ring and I immediately started bawling, and thats when he asked me to marry him! All in all, he did surprise me, and it was simple but perfect.-As told by Casey Casey and Matt will be married February 1, 2014.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.