U.S. Rep. Richard Hudson is visiting his alma mater on Tuesday, touring the campus of UNC Charlotte with Chancellor Phillip Dubois and Vice Chancellor Bob Wilhelm.
The visit, scheduled for late morning, is part of Hudson’s effort to stimulate business development in North Carolina. Hudson is planning to visit UNCC’s Precision Metrology Lab and other high-tech industrial facilities.
“I’m looking forward to joining Chancellor Dubois on campus to see firsthand how UNC Charlotte is becoming the critical training ground for high-skilled manufacturing jobs,” Hudson said.
“North Carolina is on the cutting edge of advanced manufacturing jobs,” Hudson added, “and we need to make sure we increase the number of job opportunities in our community and ensure our students have the skills they need when they enter the workforce.”
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.