The 24-year-old has been known to bring a crowd to his favorite Charlotte restaurant: The Cowfish. I always get the Rainbow Roll, Super Crunch Roll, Turkey Burger, and extra of the orange sushi sauce, he says. And he has a taste for the citys top steakhouses as well. You can often find him at Del Friscos or Sullivans.
Newton loves checking out Bobcats games at the arena. And its pretty easy to spot him courtside at the games. Just look to the left of Michael Jordan.
The 6 5 athlete also likes to look good. Newton admits to enjoying doing some shopping at SouthPark mall, where, of course, he hits Belk for his own line, MADE.
Cam Newton Off the Field
By Michelle Boudin
Posted: Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013
Despite his star status, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton manages to keep a decidedly low profile. I like to be at home, Newton says. Either cooking out or hanging out with my friends and family. We are known to get some seriously competitive Xbox games going sometimes, and when my mom is in town she hits the kitchen and whips up the best food. Trying to catch a glimpse of the famed football player as the seasons starts? Check out our slideshow to see where you can find him when hes out and about.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.