Susan G. Komen Charlotte Race for the Cure
• When: Saturday; competitive 5K, 7:15 a.m.; recreational 5K, 7:50 a.m.; one-mile event, 8:30 a.m.
• Where: Marshall Park, 800 E. Third St., uptown Charlotte.
• Registration: $35; $25 for ages 6-15; $10 for ages 5 and younger.
• Details: 704-347-8181; www.komencharlotte.org.
Other Breast Cancer Awareness Month events
• Oct. 4: Zumba with the Stars Party in Pink Campaign for the Cure, EpiCentre Rooftop Pavilion, 210 E. Trade St. zumbawiththestars.eventbrite.com.
• Oct. 5: Chocolate for a Cure, Hilton Charlotte Center City Hotel, 222 E. 3rd St. chocolateforacure.eventbrite.com.
• Oct. 5: Dirty Girl Mud Run, Hodges Farm, 3900 Rocky River Road. bit.ly/17xfKPe.
• Oct. 10: Pink Party, Re Salon and Med Spa, 1212 South Blvd. 704-334-8087.
• Oct. 11: NASCAR Dollar General 300 Nationwide Series, Charlotte Motor Speedway, 5555 Concord Parkway South, Concord. www.prettyinpinkfoundation.org.
• Oct. 12: Jazz for a Cure, Actors Theatre of Charlotte, 650 E. Stonewall St. 704-342-2251.
• Oct. 17: Tickled Pink, Rolling Hills Country Club, 2722 W. Roosevelt Blvd., Monroe. www.carolinashealthcare.org/tickled-pink.
• Oct. 19: Making Strides of Charlotte, N.C. walk, NASCAR Hall of Fame, 400 E. Martin Luther King Blvd. main.ascevents.org.
• Oct. 24: Celebrate the Ta Tas, Mint Museum Uptown, 500 S. Tryon St. 704-337-2000.
• Oct. 24: Paint The Girls, Cajun Canvas, 11116-B S. Tryon St. cajuncanvas.com.
• Oct. 25: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, Westin Charlotte, 601 S. College St. www.avonwalk.org/charlotte.
Events that partially benefit Susan G. Komen Charlotte
Additional details for the following events at www.komencharlotte.org.
• Oct. 5: Fox Rocks for Pink, Leroy Fox, 705 S. Sharon Amity Road. leroyfox.com.
• Oct. 11-12: Diamonds Direct SouthPark trunk show and sale, 4521 Sharon Road No. 101. 704-532-9041.
• Oct. 19: Scars and Stripes Pro Wrestling Home Front, Belmont National Guard Armory, 300 6th St. Belmont.
• Oct. 26: Shopping for a Cause at Apricot Lane, Birkdale Village, 16845 Birkdale Commons Pky, Huntersville; StoneCrest at Piper Glen, 7800B Rea Road. www.facebook.com/apricotlanecharlotte.
• Ongoing: Cunningham Cleaners will donate $30 to Komen Charlotte for every wedding gown cleaned and preserved.
Events that partially benefit BCC Rallys Pink Bow Campaign
Additional details for the following events at www.bccrally.org.
• Through Oct. 31: Le Pink Drink, Global Restaurant, 3520 Toringdon Way.
• Oct. 8: Powder Puff Football Game South Mecklenburg High School, 8900 Park Road.
• Oct. 10: Pink Out Football Game, South Mecklenburg High School, 8900 Park Road.
• Oct. 11: Joe Gibbs Fan Fest, 13415 Reese Blvd., Huntersville.
• Oct. 13: JETS A Crucial Catch Game, Dilworth Neighborhood Bar and Grill, 911 E. Morehead St.
• Oct. 19: Candy Girl Confections, 2910 Selwyn Ave.
• Oct. 24: Pink Out Football Game, Community House Middle School, 9500 Community House Road.
• Oct. 25: Pink Out Football Game, Providence High School, 1800 Pineville-Matthews Road.
• Oct. 26-27: Southern Lacrosse Showcase, Manchester Meadows 337 E. Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill, S.C.
Hilary Trenda and Theoden Janes
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less