Everyone says the Internet is a great place to save money, but with millions of websites out there, where do you start?
Over the next few weeks, I’ll share the Deal Diva’s Top 25 websites for saving money and time. Here are the first six:
25. us.Zilok.com: Consider this website the eBay for rentals. Find items from canoes to dresses to cars to power tools.
24. ShopItToMe.com: Skip searching the net for the best deal. ShopItToMe acts as your personal shopper. Create an account, provide details of what you are looking for and receive email updates.
23. Covestor.com: Enjoy investing. Use this website to see what other smart investors are doing to help your money work for you.
22. Freecycle.org: Pick a location and find free stuff. Or, advertise merchandise you want to give away. A perfect site to post garage sales.
21. SmartHippo.com: If you’re in the housing market, use this site to search for reviews of local banks and mortgage lenders.
20. SmartyPig: Save money by allowing a website to take money out of your bank account and put it onto a SmartPiggy Bank Rewards card. Registered users set savings goals and when the money can be withdrawn.
Reach Tara at email@example.com
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less