Authorities say they are searching for a man, 26, who witnesses say killed another man early Saturday morning on City Avenue in Lancaster.
Allen Wesley Massey is "wanted" by the Lancaster Police Department in connection to the deadly shooting, according to a news release from Captain Scott Grant, police spokesman.
Witnesses saw Massey enter a City Avenue home and shoot Demarcus L. Robinson, the release states.
Robinson was treated by EMS workers on the scene and then airlifted to the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, where he died from his injuries, police said on Saturday.
Witnesses told officers that Massey fled the scene after the shooting, according to the news release.
Anyone with any information about the crime or Massey's whereabouts should call the Lancaster Police Department at 803-283-1171 or the department's anonymous tip line at 803-289-6040
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.