We continue with my 25 favorite money-saving websites. This batch is all about travel planning.
13. DiscoverAmerica.com : Find adventure within the 50 states. Use the site’s Trip Tuner to set such preferences as cost, weather, family-friendliness, etc.
12. MouseSavers.com : This is the must-bookmark site if you’re planning a trip to a Disney park or on a Disney cruise. It has thousands of great tips on how to save money and time.
11. Kayak.com : Find deals on airfares. If you’re open to a real adventure, use the Explore tool. Set filters such as the amount of vacation time, budget, weather and what you want to do.
10. BingTravel.com : Lots of options for flight deals. The Price Predictor lets you research the pricing history for a particular route at a particular time.
9. TripAdvisor.com : With thousands of user-written reviews of hotels, resorts, destinations, cruises, attractions and restaurants, this website offers the most comprehensive tool when selecting the best spot for your trip. A great place to start is the Best of 2013 menu.
8. HomeExchange.com : A nontraditional approach to selecting accommodations, this membership website provides information on available private homes all over the world.
Next week: Seven Super Saver websites.
Reach Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less