• Elijah Hood, Charlotte Catholic: 266 yards and three touchdowns in a 29-13 win over West Mecklenburg. Hood also had a touchdown-saving tackle from behind on West Meck’s Shaun Wilson.
• Anthony Ratliff, Butler: Rushed 12 times for 132 yards and three scores in a 55-6 win over Porter Ridge. He threw for 217 yards and a touchdown, leading his team to 55 straight points.
• Denzel Pearson, Charlotte Latin: Scored the game-winning touchdown with 95 seconds left in his team’s 23-22 upset of previously unbeaten Davidson Day. He also deflected Davidson Day’s fourth-down pass at Latin’s goal line as time expired. Latin rallied from a 14-3 deficit to win.
• Cedric Mackey, Bessemer City: 308 yards, three touchdowns on 43 carries in a 40-21 win over Thomas Jefferson.
• Elijah Deveaux, Charlotte Christian: Ran 25 times for 255 yards and three touchdowns in a 50-28 win over Raleigh Ravenscroft.
• Josh Ladowski, Lake Norman: In a 34-14 win over North Lincoln, Ladowski had another big night: 14-of-25 for 227 yards passing and two touchdowns plus 27 carries for 227 yards and two touchdowns.
Langston Wertz Jr.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less