SALISBURY Rowan County authorities have issued warrants for the arrest of a Cabarrus County man in connection with an alleged attempt to steal a motorcycle.
The sheriffs office says it is looking for Jerad Hager, 25. They say he eluded deputies early Sunday morning.
According to investigators, a man who lives on Mount Hope Church Road discovered early Sunday that someone had broken into his garage and taken his 1999 Harley Davidson motorcycle and some engine parts.
The resident found the motorcycle hidden in woods nearby, and he called the sheriffs office. Deputies say they set up surveillance in the area and spotted a man and a woman nearby about 2 a.m.
Investigators say the man, later identified as Hager, ran into the woods and escaped arrest.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to contact deputies at 704-216-8686 or 704-216-8687.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.