• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford used 10 players before halftime Wednesday. Conspicuously shooting guard Ben Gordon was not among them. Gordon missed the past three exhibitions to have PRP therapy (Platelet-Rich Plasma) done on a knee in Phoenix.
• The rust of missing three weeks with a right ankle sprain certainly was apparent for Bobcats center Al Jefferson. Houston center Omer Asik didnt have much trouble disrupting Jeffersons up-and-under moves at the rim. Jefferson needs time to get back his conditioning and re-establish synergy with teammates.
• One of the things that changes when you go from being an assistant to a head coach: With three games in the seasons first four nights, Clifford spent most of Wednesday afternoon looking at preseason video of the New Orleans Pelicans, the Bobcats opponent Saturday.
• Considering how good the Rockets are supposed to be and all the excitement over signing Dwight Howard, its surprising how many empty seats there were at Toyota Center.
• Bobcats small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist continues to struggle to score if hes not in a transition opportunity, a carryover from the preseason.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less