Bobcats at Knicks
7:30, Madison Square Garden
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Pos, Player; Ppg;Rpg
G, K. Walker; 16.3;2.7
G, G. Henderson; 9.3;2.3
F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist; 8.3;5.7
F, J. McRoberts; 8,3;5.7
C, B. Biyombo; 5.0;7.0
Pos, Player; Ppg;Rpg
G, P. Prigionii; 3.5;3.0
G, R. Felton; 15.5;2.5
F, C. Anthony; 20.5;8.0
F, A. Bargnani; 7.5;1.5
C, T. Chandler; 8.5;12.5
Matchup to Watch
Carmelo Anthony vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeff Taylor: Anthony is probably the most physically imposing small forward in the NBA. However, he struggled down the stretch of the Knicks back-to-back losses to Chicago and Minnesota.
• Bobcats guard Gerald Henderson is shooting just 28percent from the field. Former Bobcats coach Paul Silas came by practice Monday to work with Henderson on his shooting form.
• The Bobcats will again be without center Al Jefferson, who couldnt practice Monday because of his sprained right ankle.
• The Bobcats shooting has been all-around bad. They rank last among 30 NBA teams in foul shooting, 29th in 3-point percentage and 27 in field-goal percentage.
• The shame of their poor foul shooting (61 percent) is it squanders a strength getting to the line. The Bobcats 90 free throws attempted are fourth-best in the league.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford got his start in the NBA as a Knicks opponent scout, working for then-coach Jeff Van Gundy.
• Knicks forward Andrea Bargnani is a 7-footer, but he averages just 1.5 rebounds this season.
Did you know?
Bobcats associate head coach Patrick Ewing still holds almost all the significant Knicks career records, including points, rebounds, minutes, steals and blocks
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less