• Ramon Sessions is the Bobcats’ backup point guard because D.J. Augustin no longer wanted to be, turning down a contract extension. Augustin is now on his third team (Toronto) in as many seasons while Sessions, signed the summer of 2012, has been one of the best free-agent acquisitions in franchise history.
• Kemba Walker played Wednesday despite suffering a left shoulder contusion against the New York Knicks the night before. Walker had an MRI Wednesday as a precaution after having an X-ray at Madison Square Garden. Walker has yet to miss a game in his NBA career.
• Gerald Henderson’s shooting turned around dramatically Tuesday and Wednesday after he couldn’t seem to make a shot in the season’s first three games.
• Seemed to be next to no one in Time Warner Cable Arena at tip-off. The Bobcats have always struggled to sell midweek games, and the Raptors are a less than star-quality opponent.
• The pogo stick performance at halftime was pretty entertaining. Glad the NBA has come up with some new acts. It got tired for a while around the league.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less