Bobcats vs. Heat
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||14.9||3.9||G, M. Chalmers||10.4||2.9|
|G, G. Henderson||13.9||4.6||G, D. Wade||18.4||5.0|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||11.4||5.8||F, L. James||25.5||5.5|
|F, J. McRoberts||9.0||4.1||F, U. Haslem||3.0||2.5|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.0||8.7||C, C. Bosh||17.3||6.4|
Matchup to Watch
LeBron James vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeff Taylor: The Bobcats’ deepest position is small forward, and they might need all 12 of MKG’s and Taylor’s fouls to contain the most efficient offensive weapon in the NBA.
• The Heat has won the past 12 meetings with the Bobcats, so it might take a breakup of Miami’s big three to change this trend.
But the defending-champion Heat has been vulnerable thus far, losing to the 76ers, Nets and Celtics in the season’s first two weeks.
• Michael Beasley is back with the Heat, the team that originally drafted him, after the Phoenix Suns waived him.
• Heat forward Udonis Haslem might not be a big scorer, but you have to keep an eye on him after the shot goes up. He has 1,475 career offensive rebounds.
• Entering Friday night’s home game against the Mavericks, the Heat had made a 3 in 116 straight games
• Former Duke star Shane Battier has already taken seven charges this season for the Heat.
• The Heat is winless this season on Saturday (OK, they’re 0-1).
Did you know?
This is one of 21 sets of Bobcats games on back-to-back nights this season. The Bobcats tend to get a lot of back-to-backs because they request as many weekend home games as possible.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less