Get Her Look
By Cristina Wilson | Photography by Cassie Angeline Timpy & Jordan Timpy
Posted: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013
Brandee James is the beauty writer and blogger for Carolina Bride. Have a tip? Email her.
When Brandee Dishner, Carolina Brides very own beauty writer and expert, said yes to high school sweetheart Dustin James, we were biting our nails to see what style direction this fashionista would choose. Thanks to Molly Schrader of RETRO Salon on makeup and Bamboo Salon on hair (both in Southern Pines, N.C.), Brandees look enhanced her natural beauty and proved just how stunning simplicity can be. My wedding style was a mix of my love for structure and artfound in my dress and jewelryand my admiration for a natural beauty look, says the bride. I didnt want to be too drastic; I wanted Dustin to see me first and not all the extras. Congratulations, Brandee!1. Apply a light primer all over face with foundation brush to keep makeup lasting and to control oil.
2. Apply Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Crème Glow with foundation brush.
3. Apply Too Faced Absolutely Flawless concealer in vanilla with small concealer brush. Pat, don't wipe on!
4. Apply Too Faced Perfecting Powder with kabuki brush.
5. Contour sides of face and under cheekbones with Too Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer with stippling brush, and apply Nars Blush in Orgasm.
6. For a soft look on the eyes, use the Too Faced Natural Eye palette and Ardell Lashes in 110.
7. Too Faced Daily Lips in Naked and Too Faced Gloss in Perfect 10 applied with a small lip brush finish off Brandees romantic look.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less