How does it work?
Send us your family photos capturing a moment that means a lot to you and tell us what makes the photo so special. (Make sure to give us
clear information to identify people.) It could be a joyous moment at church, a treasured family gathering or your cat knocking over the Christmas tree.
Note: We’re looking for candid family photos that tell a story. The older the photo, the better.
When is the deadline?
Is there a prize? Yes! The best shot will win a gift card. We’ll name the winner and run some of the photos online
and in print Dec. 21.
Is there voting? No. Observer editors will select the winning photo.
11:59 p.m., Dec. 8.
How do I upload the photo?
It's simple. Click here
to go to the submission page. Your entry won't automatically go online. It will be reviewed by an editor, and then will join the online slideshow.
View photos submitted so far
Photo: 2012 entry from Michael Maxwell
Subscribe to The Charlotte
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.