Celebrate the season by visiting some of the city’s best Victorian homes, urban condos and cultural spots as they put on their holiday best for the Friends of Fourth Ward’s Holiday Home Tour.
The 36th annual event returns to one of Charlotte’s oldest neighborhoods Dec. 6-8 with music, carriage rides, restaurant specials and other festivities.
Eight properties will be open to ticket holders as choirs and handbell ensembles perform from porches within the 30-block community in uptown’s northwest quadrant.
Arrive early each day to see rehearsals for “The Nutcracker” ballet by the North Carolina Dance Theatre and to sample food and drink from area restaurants in the homes and at stops along the tour route. Stop at Center City restaurants before or after the tour for a selection of free appetizers.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.