Here are the expressions you never hear uttered in Charlotte.
• Flying will be so much more enjoyable once people can use their cellphones on the plane.
• I never hear anyone say, Are you ready for Christmas yet?
• When it comes to the Panthers, I was a loyal fan long before they started winning.
• Those automated parking kiosks uptown are so simple to use.
• I hope construction at the airport never ends.
• Movie studio? Great idea!
• Dont even think about driving downtown on Saturday Duke will draw a huge crowd to the ACC championship.
• I just love these December days when it gets dark so early.
• We should build some sort of monument to the Bobcats so their heritage wont be forgotten.
• Gas prices in South Carolina are outrageous.
• I can tell that the crime rate is dropping in Charlotte because I watch the local news.
• Oh, I miss those video poker joints they were such an amenity to the city.
• Its so cute when the person in front of you gets so involved in texting that they forget to notice the light turned green.
• That was a good call at the end of the Patriots game. Believe me, if it had gone against us, Id feel the same way.
• My wife is looking forward to having the kids around the house for a couple of weeks at Christmas vacation.
• If I were the NBA, Id consider extending the season.
• My daughter is so cute. Shes into this singer named Miley Cyrus.
• Exit 36 in Mooresville should get some kind of an award for good urban planning.
• Harry Jones as a county commissioner? Hed be so boring.
• Wouldnt it be terrific if the malls opened on Christmas, too?
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less