Salisbury Police are investigating the shooting death of a man found in a car early Saturday.
At 2:55 a.m., officers got a call about shots being fired at the intersection of Old Wilkesboro Road and Brenner Avenue. They found the victim in a vehicle dead of apparent gunshot wounds.
Authorities said witnesses told them the victim had been driving a red Ford Taurus and had stopped at the stop light on Old Wilkesboro Road. The vehicle was attempting to make a right turn onto Brenner Avenue when a dark colored SUV pulled around the vehicle and shots were fired, police said.
The victim’s vehicle came to a stop as it hit a reenforced barrier on Brenner Avenue.
Authorities didn’t release the victim’s name pending family notification.
Anyone with information should call the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.