Jack and Davis Burroughs of Monroe won the national Band-Aid Stuck on Me Sing-Along Contest, and have made plans to help others with their winnings.
The brothers, 6 and 4 respectively, won a $5,000 gift card to Toys R Us. Their mother, Melissa Burroughs, said the boys have gone online and made their Christmas wish list but that they’re also going to pick out gifts and toys for a needy child they will “adopt” for the season. In addition, they’re going to buy diapers for their baby brother, whose due date is next month.
The boys were among 12 finalists in the video contest, which had 192 submissions overall. In the video (at www.facebook.com/bandaid?sk=app_446166212144556), Jack plays guitar while Davis dances before “falling” at the end and needing a Band-Aid. Their mother said it took two weeks for the boys to learn the song, but they did the video in one take because “Davis wasn’t thrilled about taking the Band-Aids off.”
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.