Bobcats vs. Magic
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.3||4.2||G, J. Nelson||11.9||3.3|
|G, G. Henderson||15.2||4.6||G, V. Oladipo||13.8||4.6|
|F, A. Tolliver||3.0||2.3||F, A. Affalo||22.1||4.6|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.4||5.8||F, A. Nicholson||9.6||5.1|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.5||9.1||C, G. Davis||13.3||5.6|
Matchup to Watch
Victor Oladipo vs. Gerald Henderson: The Magic sees a big part of its future in Oladipo’s intense, athletic qualities. Henderson is coming off a season-high 24-point game in a victory over the Golden State Warriors.
• The Magic’s long-term agenda is Oladipo might be most useful as a point guard. But that’s complex to manage when Jameer Nelson, a valuable contributor who can still play, is one of the few remaining pieces from when the Magic was good.
• The Bobcats broke a 13-game streak of holding opponents under 100 points in the victory over the Golden State Warriors.
• Arron Afflalo is starting at small forward at 6-5. This figures to be a chance for the Bobcats to go small for long stretches if Jeff Taylor can’t play. Afflalo had all kinds of trouble guarding Henderson in the post last season.
• Taylor (inflamed heel) and center Bismack Biyombo (sprained ankle) both practiced Tuesday. Their status for the Magic game will be decided after morning shootaround. Taylor appeared a lot closer to being well enough to play than Biyombo.
• The Magic is on a six-game losing streak following Monday’s loss in Memphis. Center Nik Vucevic has missed four of those games with a sprained ankle.
• Bobcats average the fewest points in the NBA. The Magic allows the second-most. Something’s got to give.
Did you know?
• The Bobcats have a 7-2 record this season in games decided by six points or less.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less