• The Lakers game brought out the stars Saturday. Beyond the obvious one Bobcats owner Michael Jordan taking a seat next to his team courtside boxing champ Floyd Mayweather and NASCAR legend Junior Johnson were in attendance.
• I asked Bobcats coach Steve Clifford before the game if coaching Kobe Bryant as a Lakers assistant last season helped any in preparing to contain him in this game. Clifford said yes-and-no: That while he probably knows more nuances about Bryant after coaching him, this Bobcats group is too new to him and the defense right now to play a lot of exotic special player coverages.
• One sure way to get a big cheer at a Bobcats home game: Announce that North Carolina just beat Kentucky up in Chapel Hill.
• The Bobcats announced at halftime that all the team jerseys were on sale 50 percent off in the team store. Gee, almost like they have some reason to move inventory before next season.
• Shooting guard Ben Gordon has been getting more minutes of late, in part due to small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrists broken hand. Gordon seems to be driving the ball more, based on the games against the Indiana Pacers and Lakers. Hes much more dangerous when teams cant just stake him out as a jump-shooter.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less