Bobcats at Raptors
7 p.m., Air Canada Centre
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.8||4.1||G, K. Lowry||14.3||3.7|
|G, G. Henderson||14.8||4.5||G, D. DeRozan||21.4||3.8|
|F, J. Taylor||8.5||2.3||F, T. Ross||7.7||2.8|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.5||5.6||F, A. Johnson||11.8||6.8|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.5||9.2||C, J. Valanciunas||9.7||7.9|
Matchup to Watch
Demar DeRozan vs. Gerald Henderson: With Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento, DeRozan is indisputably the Raptors’ best offensive weapon. Wing defense has been one of the Bobcats’ strengths this season. Henderson had 23 points in the last game against Toronto.
• The Bobcats have won six straight against the Raptors in Charlotte, but have lost three straight in Toronto.
• The Raptors come into this game fresh, having gone three days without games. The Bobcats played the Sacramento Kings at home Tuesday before flying to Canada.
• The Raptors played their best defensive game of the season in beating the Bulls in Chicago. The Bulls scored just 77 points and shot below 40 percent from the field.
• The Raptors dealing Gay looked like a classic salary dump. The best piece Toronto got from Sacramento was probably point guartd Greivis Vasquez.
• The Raptors cut ex-Bobcats point guard D.J. Augustin recently because they needed an open roster spot to make the Gay trade.
• The Raptors have a new general manager – Masai Ujiri – who apparently wanted payroll flexibility more than Gay.
• The Raptors have won three of four since the Gay trade became public.
Did you know?
The matchup against the Raptors has been good for the Bobcats; they’re 9-3 against Toronto since the start of the 2010-11 season. That’s 12.5 percent of Bobcats’ total wins in that span. Rick Bonnell
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less