A wreck on Interstate 485 Inner near Matthews at mile marker 57 has closed the right lane near Providence Road.
The wreck occurred at 9:05 a.m. and traffic is expected to be impacted until 10:05 a.m. Stop-and-go traffic is reported between Exit 52 in Matthews and Exit 57 Providence Road.
There are some other traffic obstacles or accidents have been reported as of 9:20 a.m. Wednesday. But congestion is building along Charlotte’s major inbound routes:
• An accident in the roadway on the 4900 block of South Boulevard was reported at 9 a.m.
• There is a traffic light malfunction reported at 3933 The Plaza, Charlotte.
• An accident in the roadway at Arrowcreek Drive and Tryon Street was reported at 8:02 a.m.
• Traffic is building on Interstate 485 Outer in Mecklenburg County near Pineville. Congestion expected to end around 9:15 a.m. between mile markers 59 and 64.
• Traffic is building on Interstate 77 South in Huntersville between mile markers 25 and 30. Congestion expected to end around 9:25 a.m.
• There is congestion on Interstate 85 South in Cabarrus County near Concord at mile marker 52, Poplar Tent Road, that is expected to last until 9:44 a.m.
• Between Cornelius and Huntersville, Interstate 77 traffic has slowed to 30 mph between exits 21 and 28.
• I-485 inner is slow between Providence Road and Highway 51/Pineville.
&Traffic along I-85 at Interstate 485 has been affected by the planned overnight closure Tuesday night for construction.
Northbound I-85 will be closed again Wednesday night from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. each night. Motorists headed north on I-85 will be detoured onto the inner loop of I-485 to U.S. 29 (North Tryon Street), where they can get on U.S. 29 briefly, then get on the outer loop of I-485 and return to I-85.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less