There are a few traffic obstacles and accidents reported as of 9:55 a.m. Thursday. And congestion continues to build along Charlotte’s major inbound routes and along the interstate:
• There’s an accident in the 1900 block of Freedom Drive, as of 9:52 a.m.
• There’s an accident on E. Woodlawn Road at Selwyn Avenue, as of 9:23 a.m.
• There’s an accident on East Third Street and Charlottetowne Avenue, as of 8:53 a.m.
• There’s heavy congestion on Interstate 485 inner loop between Rea Road, exit 59, and Johnston Road (U.S. 521) exit 61 because of an accident, as of 8:41 a.m.
• There is a disabled vehicle on S. College Street at East 4th Street in Charlotte, as of 8:38 a.m.
• There is an injury accident on Interstate 85 South at West W.T. Harris Boulevard, as of 8:35 a.m.
• There’s an accident with injury in the 1700 block of East 7th Street, as of 8:16 a.m.
• There’s congestion on U.S. 74 westbound between N.C. 27/N.C. 24/Albemarle Road and Briar Creek Road, as of 8:15 a.m.
• There’s congestion on Interstate 77 southbound between LaSalle Street, exit 12, and Interstate 277/U.S. 74, exit 9, as of 8 a.m.
• There’s congestion on Interstate 85 southbound between Poplar Tent Road, exit 52 and Interstate 485, exit 48, as of 8 a.m.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less