Bobcats at Pistons
7:30 p.m., Palace of Auburn Hills
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.8||4.1||G, B. Jennings||17.5||3.6|
|G, G. Henderson||14.8||4.6||G, K. Caldwell-Pope||7.4||2.4|
|F, J. Taylor||8.3||2.4||F, J. Smith||15.2||6.5|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.4||5.7||F, G. Monroe||14.9||8.9|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.6||9.3||C, A. Drummond||13.3||12.7|
Matchup to Watch
Al Jefferson vs. Andre Drummond: Old school big man vs. new school big man. Drummond has worked out very well for the Pistons after a not-so-consistent college career at Connecticut.
• Josh Smith, who signed with Detroit over the summer after eight seasons in Atlanta, has averaged 27 points in his past three games.
• Considering the size of the Pistons frontcourt, its likely Anthony Tolliver will get considerable playing time in this game at small forward.
• Both teams are coming off tight road victories. The Pistons won by a point in Boston, while the Bobcats went to overtime before Kemba Walkers buzzer-beater beat the Toronto Raptors.
• Pistons forward Greg Monroe is a major matchup problem for the Bobcats. He averaged 13.8 points, nine rebounds and 6.3 assists against them last season.
• The Pistons have won 12 of their past 16 versus the Bobcats.
• Walker had some of his best scoring games last season against the Pistons, averaging 24.3 points
• Chauncey Billups went back to Detroit, where hes both a contributor and a mentor.
Did you know?
This is the 10th time in 16 NBA seasons that Billups has changed teams.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less