• So in the first half, during a timeout, they dressed up Rufus in Larry Johnson Grandmama garb. Kinda felt sorry for the big orange guy finding out four days before Christmas hell be out of work, and all.
• Halftime felt a little like New Years Eve. Festive and exciting, but I liked that the Bobcats marketing department didnt go over the top with staging. Well done.
• Predictably the Bobcats looked kind of tired against the Jazz; four games in five nights will do that to a team, particularly all the energy they expended in comebacks against the Raptors and Pistons.
• I got the sense Bobcats center Al Jefferson enjoyed it when the Jazz had Enes Kanter guard him. That matchup would have happened a lot in practice back in Salt Lake City, and it was clear Jefferson knew how to set him up.
• That three-day break from games around Christmas this week will do Bobcats some real good. Schedule has been so dense in the beginning.
• For those wanting gear with the new Hornets logos, the Bobcats say it will be available in the team store starting around Jan. 18.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less