The Carolina Panthers don’t know who they will play in two weeks in the NFC playoffs, but they know who they’ll play in the 2014 regular season.
The opponents for next season are set, though the league won’t release the schedule until the spring. In the past that usually falls in mid-April.
The NFC South will play the AFC North and NFC North next season.
The Panthers will host Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Seattle.
The Seahawks will travel to Carolina for a third consecutive year. It’s believed the Panthers will still face the Steelers in the preseason, as usual, despite playing Pittsburgh in the regular season.
Carolina’s away games will be at Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Philadelphia.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.