WCNC (Channel 36) anchor Dion Lim is headed for Tampas WTSP, where shell anchor the 5 and 5:30p.m. newscasts and report for the 11 p.m. one, she said Friday.
Shell begin her new job at the end of the month at the CBS affiliate, ranked 14th among markets by Nielsen for 2012-13. Charlotte ranked 25th.
Lim's final broadcast at WCNC was Friday.
Lim, who joined WCNC in 2010 and has anchored the 5 and 11 p.m. shows, said she hadnt sought the change. I had anticipated staying in Charlotte for the rest of my career, said Lim, 29, but I went down to visit and the opportunity was great.
Her husband, a professional poker player, will appreciate the chance to play sports daily in the warmth, she said, and obviously, Florida has some crazy news. It sounds pretty exciting.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.