• Benny the Bull might be the most aggressively snarky mascot in the NBA. Im thinking if he gets into Stephanie Readys live shots much more often, Steph might not be such a lady next time.
• At one point in the second quarter, the Bobcats of old were whipping up on the current ones. Nazr Mohammed, D.J. Augustin and Cartier Martin were all on the floor extending a lead.
• I find Bulls forward Taj Gibson one of the more versatile frontcourt players in the NBA He did a nice job guarding Bobcats center Al Jefferson from off the bench midway through the first half.
• The Bulls signed former Duke star Mike Dunleavy to be a complementary player off the bench. With Luol Deng traded, now Dunleavy is a whole lot more, and hes holding up in these starts.
• This should be the last game before Michael Kidd-Gilchrists return to the Bobcats at small forward. MKG has been practicing the last couple of sessions, after missing more than a month with a broken left hand. Assuming there are no setbacks in practice Monday, his return will be Tuesday at home against the New York Knicks.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less