Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

Children hospitalized after drinking bleach at daycare

By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
cwootson@charlotteobserver.com

Several children were taken to the hospital on Monday after drinking bleach at a daycare center in Kings Mountain.

Kings Mountain Police say “a very small amount of bleach” was added to a pitcher of water for cleaning purposes at Bolin’s Daycare Center on Ramseur Street. That pitcher was then mistakenly put into the refrigerator. Later, it was distributed to the children.

Someone dialed 911 saying several children has possibly consumed household bleach.

None of the children had serious complications, police said.

Wootson: 704-358-5046; Twitter: @CleveWootson
Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More