A pedestrian who was struck by a car Monday night in west Charlotte dies overnight of his injuries, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say.
The pedestrian, whose name has not been released, was struck by a 2010 Toyota Camry about 9:50 p.m. in the 4900 block of the Billy Graham Parkway, a few hundred feet south of Interstate 85.
Police say the man was taken by Medic to Carolinas Medical Center but died shortly before 2 a.m.
Investigators say the driver of the Toyota was not speeding. The pedestrian was not in a crosswalk, and CMPD Sgt. David Sloan said the man “was impaired.”
The crash remains under investigation, police say, and anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at 704-336-3229 or leave information with Crime Stoppers, 704-334-1600.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.