• As expected, Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade did not play Saturday, in the second game of back-to-back nights. The Heat listed Wade’s status as “DND (Did Not Dress) – Rest.” Kind of like when the San Antonio Spurs listed Tim Duncan’s status as “old.”
• The Bobcats did a really funny timeout video, mocking Miami Heat “bandwagon fans.” Best part was video of Heat fans flocking out of American Airlines Arena when their team slipped behind in Game 6 of the Finals. (Those people weren’t allowed back in for the Heat’s comeback). Also, the still photos of Justin Bieber were a slick touch.
• The Bobcats started selling new “Charlotte Hornets” gear in the team store Saturday. Since it was remember-the-Hornets night, it should be noted that end-of-quarter play the Heat ran for LeBron James looked an awful lot like Larry Johnson’s “Dallas” play.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford talked pre-game about how much better a facilitator point guard Kemba Walker has been lately. Big factor in all that – a relatively healthy and in-rhythm Al Jefferson on the receiving end of Walker’s passes.
• A reminder Monday’s Raptors game is an MLK Day matinee – 2 p.m. tipoff.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less