Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say a $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest of the man suspected of robbing four Cook-Out restaurants in the area over the past month.
The bandit fired a handgun in at least two of the robberies.
In each case, the robber struck around 7 a.m. Three of the four heists took place on a weekend, and the other was on a Monday.
“Clearly, this is not a man who people should approach,” said Rob Tufano, a spokesman for Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. “He is dangerous. We are asking the public to contact police.”
The suspect is described as a black male in his early to mid-20s. He is between 5 feet 8 and 6 feet tall and of medium build. He was wearing a dark-colored sweatshirt and a bandana across his face.
“We’re asking the public to report anything suspicious they might see near commercial businesses,” Tufano said.
The first robbery took place Dec. 22 at a Cook-Out on N.C. 73 in the Lincoln County community of Denver. The next case was Jan. 5 at a Cook-Out on U.S. 74 in Indian Trail.
Last week, the robber struck Jan. 13 at a restaurant on Sardis Road North in southeast Charlotte and then Saturday at a Cook-Out on East Innes Street in Salisbury.
Police say the bandit shot out a window in the Denver and Salisbury robberies, so he could enter the building and rob employees.
The reward is being offered through Crime Stoppers, Tufano said.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com.
Lyttle: 704-358-6107; Twitter: @slyttle
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less